All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

Re: Brenda's Bits 'n' Bobs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:27:42 pm 

Shawna wrote:
And Penny if you read this you're so much better at reading Jurys than Helen, for some reason she thought i was against her when i wasn't, but you had no problem figuring out i came into the FTC against you but had a 180 turn after the initial arguments.

Haha.

I was commenting on FTC in my confessional, after reading everything im glad I was pretty close on my observations of everybody. icon_wub

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:28:47 pm 

I`m really speaking from my Pov in game and what I thought. And from what I read Christy was with Rob pretty much more than she was with Shawna. Like if I said lets vote out Rob you would mention something to Christy and she says something to Rob. You were closer to Rob than maybe you knew at the time. I was admittedly off with some things but you can understand why I would be.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:06:18 am 
Host

Quote:
But in the end my plan was just better, Christy brought Ted along, and Jo brought Dan, and guess who flipped and cost us all our games?

Nono, my point isn't that that's what killed you - the boot Ted plan was sound logic - but you had already messed up and lost the trust of Christy (who was dictating Jojo's plans) and it led to you having less sway than you could have during the Ted/Jeanne vote round.

Yes you had the best plan, but you'd already lost the trust of your allies due to your previous actions which meant they seemed a little uncertain that the boot Ted plan was all Shawna benefit and not Helios benefit. Christy had stopped trusting you. And this was before Rob jumped afaik. Yes you had informed Joanna of the Daniel test but neither you nor her had informed Christy. And with Joanna trying the "follow the leader" strategy, Christy was calling the shots at the time. Here she is before she found out;
Quote:
I think of her as someone I can trust, but it's really hard to get a read on her. Hell, maybe she's playing the best game right now. But I'm not worried at all. She's a fun girl, whom I'd like to keep close to myself.

Here she is during;
Quote:
I've been just informed by Joanna that there's a faux-alliance between Jeanne/Daniel/Ted/Shawna. Yay, great. I don't like any alliance which I'm not a part of, even if it's faux.

And after;
Quote:
In other news, I'm quickly losing trust in Shawna. Everyone likes her, and trust her. As far as I'm aware she has an alliance with every single Asteria-member (even Jeanne). And I don't know if she'll be loyal to me or not. She's playing a good game, but I think Joanna and Ted are both onto her now.

Quote:
I think more experienced players have these ideas of keeping the "most deserving" players around, and obviously they tend to have a better opinion of experienced players like themselves,

I can't disagree that this is sometimes the case, but roughly an equal amount of times a player will choose to keep a newer player if they are more trustworthy and they have a bond going.
For example, if at some point Joanna had to choose between Rob or you, she would have booted Rob for sure, even though she had you both pegged as experienced and noob. It's more a trust thing. But experience does weigh in. Sometimes it's 'keep her because she knows what she's doing', but also sometimes it's 'boot her because she knows what she's doing a little too much' icon_lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:06:53 am 
Host

Penny wrote:
So much discussion in Brenda's blog, I keep thinking shes done my post-game assessment. icon_lol

Knew I forgot something...

I'll just do this fanfic first :o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:15:13 pm 

Brenda wrote:
Quote:
But in the end my plan was just better, Christy brought Ted along, and Jo brought Dan, and guess who flipped and cost us all our games?

Nono, my point isn't that that's what killed you - the boot Ted plan was sound logic - but you had already messed up and lost the trust of Christy (who was dictating Jojo's plans) and it led to you having less sway than you could have during the Ted/Jeanne vote round.

Yeah , i see what you mean now, i read Brian's confessionals at Helios and he was always aware that he had to move cautiously and keep everyone informed so that he wouldn't lose the trust of his allies.
I was very careless, i just counted on Jo to deliver the messages when i could easily send the PMs i was sending Jo to both of them, so that Christy wouldn't (rightfully) feel out of the loop.

LOL at Brian predicting the F3 outcome on episode 2 or something like that, and then allowing it to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:25:54 am 

Just read through Helen's confessional.

Just lolling the whole way through.

I would go ahead and bump all the comments that ended up being wrong, but I dont have enough years until I turn 50.

Its satisfying to read Brenda's blog comments re: Helen's criticism of my gameplay though. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:20:19 am 
Host

Taj wrote:
I want Helen to win. She deserves it and while I would love Penny as the winner of this season, it really could've never happened.

icon_chaos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:36:56 am 

Penny wrote:
So much discussion in Brenda's blog, I keep thinking shes done my post-game assessment. icon_lol

icon_chaos

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29